Our Solution to Joint Pain
If you're like many people, you probably take your ability to move around without pain for granted. But if you suffer from joint pain, even the simplest activities can be a challenge. There are different causes of joint pain, and there are also different treatments. At the East Detroit Chiropractic Center in Clinton Twp, we provide chiropractic care for joint pain treatment.
What Is Joint Pain?
Joints are areas where two or more bones meet. They're surrounded by ligaments that support and protect them. Ligaments are strong tissues that help our bones stay connected and stable. Joint pain occurs when ligaments and other tissues surrounding the joint become inflamed or irritated, causing the joints to swell. When this happens, you may feel pain and stiffness and have difficulty moving.
Causes of Joint Pain
Joint pain can be caused by various conditions, including:
- Arthritis: This refers to diseases that cause inflammation of the joints.
- Sprains and strains: These injuries occur when your ligaments and tendons are overstretched or torn.
- Infections: Joint pain can be a symptom of an infection.
- Bursitis: This is the inflammation of bursae sacs, which are fluid-filled sacs that cushion and lubricate the bones and joints.
Joint Pain Risk Factors
- Age: Joint pain is common among older people, especially those who have been diagnosed with arthritis.
- Lifestyle: Smoking and lack of exercise are risk factors for joint pain.
- Sex: Women are more likely to suffer from arthritis than men.
- Being overweight: Carrying extra weight puts added stress on joints, which can cause joint pain.
Joint Pain Symptoms
Joint pain can be mild or severe, depending on the cause and severity of the condition. Symptoms of joint pain can include:
- Stiffness and difficulty moving a joint
- Swelling, warmth, and redness around the joint
- Pain when a joint moves or is touched
- Tenderness when a joint is touched
- Reduced range of motion
Chiropractic Care for Joint Pain Treatment
Our chiropractors will perform a physical examination to determine the cause of your joint pain. They will also ask you about your medical history and lifestyle. Treatment for your joint pain may include:
- Chiropractic adjustments to correct misalignments in the spine
- Exercises to strengthen and stretch muscles
- Cold or heat therapy to reduce joint pain and stiffness
- Massage therapy to reduce muscle tension
- Nutrition therapy, such as dietary changes
Visit the East Detroit Chiropractic Center in Clinton Twp, for Joint Pain Treatment
If you suffer from joint pain, don't wait to seek treatment. The longer you wait, the worse your condition may become. Call us at the East Detroit Chiropractic Center in Clinton Twp, at (586) 477-1800 today to schedule an appointment with our chiropractors.